Saturday, January 29, 2011

I know what I want....Now what?!?!

I haven't written in a few days.  That's okay, because life gets busy, and sometimes I forget that I am keeping track.  Whether it's Awanas, church, school, kids, friends, work, housework...oh, geez, doen't matter what it is--it keeps us busy.  So, where in there do I fit all the things I want? I made this ridiculously positive list of things I want, the first month is coming to an end, and I am still nowhere closer than I was at the beginning. 
Well, I guess I have to find time...so here we are backtracking again, finding time has to come before the other things.  And in a celebratory gesture of sorts, today I bought pre-made, store bought, corporation mixed laundry detergent. *Sigh.* But that is one of those things that takes up time I could be using on something else.  I have made my own laundry soap for about 8 months now, and while I like it, and it really only takes about 15 minutes to make, those are 15 minutes I could be walking, working out, or making a salad instead of a boxed snack. 
I also have to start being more proactive--getting my homework done by Wednesday, instead of spending the weekend time doing it.  Keeping up with the housework instead of going behind and picking up after everyone.  Making sure the kids' stuff is done before we do anything else.  Basically, stay ahead of the game, not playing "catch up."  There is no reason for "catch up." And laziness is it's only perpetrator (I love that word! lol). 
That being said, I also think I am going to go back to Weight Watchers.  It's easy to "watch what I eat," until I eat something bad and have no idea how to get back on track.  Hopefully, this will make me more aware of what I am eating and what I should be eating, etc.
And I'm gonna work out.
Really, I am.
If I do that, then I should be on my way.  Assuming I remember it all. Sheesh. :-)

1 comment:

  1. If it's any consultation, I also bought laundry detergent for the first time in a LONG time. It cost more, and doesn't smell quite as fresh, but dang it, time is precious. I need those extra 15 minutes too! So, here's to laundry detergent and boxed Snuggle! Keep on keeping on! Once I have this baby, I'll be joining you on the weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete