Most people who know me do not know that I weight 201 lbs. All of my friends say, "No way do you weigh that much!" which is nice, but unfortunately not the case. I am unhealthy, overweight (considered in the obese category) and unhappy about it all.
So, this is my attempt (and hopefully successful one) at getting it under control. My goals are as follows:
1. I want to feel better in general by March 1st.
2. I want to lose 40 lbs by May 1st. This may fluctuate as muscle weighs more than fat, and really I want to feel better overall and look good (to myself).
3. I want to be able to run a 5k within the next year.
That being said, here are the changes I want to make:
1. I want to work out 6 days a week. I recently purchased the Biggest Loser Power Walk, which is exceptional, and hopefully following the routine will walk a complete marathon in three weeks (27 miles total in a three week period).
2. I want to cut out soda for the most part. This I have actually been doing a pretty good job so far, and have only bought 2 or 3 sodas since the beginning of the year. Usually, I buy soda every day, and keep a 12 pack at home, which only lasts a couple of days, if that.
3. I want to cut out the junk food in my diet. Eating better is half the battle. It doesn't matter if I eat a ton, assuming it is good for me. My biggest problem is right before bed, just gorging on things that I know aren't good for me...candy, cookies, eating 4 or 5 muffins at a time, etc.
4. Getting out of the house with the kids. This is a real issue for me too. I am horrible about getting out of my comfort zone. I don't ever go out, don't do things that people invite me too. This includes getting out to do things like walk and hike, go to the park, everything. And I need to get out and do these things before it gets too bad... It will also help to be physically active and be able to keep up with them when they are running and playing, etc.
5. I want to start learning how to cook healthier and fresher. I can't wait until March/April when the farmer's markets open back up. I wanna be able to use their produce to create things healthier for the kids and I. I love to cook, now I just need to be doing a healthier job of it.
I would love to hear other suggestions and ideas! Anyone want to join me in my endeavor? I would love to have some company :)
Here we go!!