Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day (Day 1)

Starting weight: 198 (fairly encouraging that I have lost weight the last few days, even though binging was an integral part of each of those days...)

Workout: Mile 1 on Biggest Loser Power Walk.  I actually got sweaty and was out of breath--those are good things I haven't had in a while.

Breakfast is coffee sweetened with the pink stuff and fat free skinny caramel macchiato creamer; homemade strawberry oatmeal, pineapple tidbits and a 100 calorie pack of almonds and walnuts.

Feelings this morning:
Well, for starters I am excited to be snowed in.  My momma even called to make sure I stayed home.  Her 12 minute drive took 40 minutes in the snow this morning.  Maybe I'll get brave and take the kids out in it to play later...but that's a big maybe.  But, I called my boss and he said stay home, which he don't have to tell me twice!
That being said, I'm also stuck inside with all the food today, as well, so Day 1 starts with a bit of a challenge, to say the least. I'm nervous of course, and excited.  Nervous, because blogging about my little adventure forces me to look my problems in the face: my overeating/binging, and inability to admit that I am overweight.  I see myself as "I like myself, so I don't need to diet." But that isn't the truth--I hate the way I look.  And until now I have done nothing about it.
I am also excited though.  I like the thought of being an active person, getting out with the kids. And running--oh, I can see myself as a runner and loving it.  I can see myself cooking fresher, picking out fresh new veggies with the kids at the farmer's market, and helping them learn better ways to cook, and exciting new recipes to try.  Growing our own vegetables--better yet, having the stamina to keep up with all of these things!
So, here's to being skinny and fit and happy about it all! Here's to being proud of myself and facing my problems head on.  Here's to the idea that I can do it--I can lose weight, be healthy and show my kids what life is really about.
Here's to the Snow Day, Day 1, because that is the first step in getting everything I want. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your positive energy is always inspiring...I am glad to know that you are actually feeling it this time! (instead of hiding behind it :) Good Luck and you know you can do it....geez...you do everything else! <3

    ReplyDelete