Thursday, January 20, 2011

Realizations...

There are days (like today) when I realize certain things about my life. Today I realized the following:
1. I don't like change.  But sometimes I have to.  Sometimes God gives me the biggest sign ever (like yesterday at what I hope will become our new church home) and I need to go with it. Do the things I need to do.  Go the places I need to go.  Buck up, sign up, join up, and follow through.
2. My current plan to make everything healthier for the kids is not going to work.  If I want to do things healthier than I am now, I am going to have to take the things I do now and make them healthier...not introduce an entirely new menu.  If I want spaghetti? Make my own sauce and use whole wheat pasta.  Chicken nuggets? Bread my own lean chicken breast, and make the ranch dipping sauce from scratch. So that game plan has to change enough to suit my needs, but keep in mind my children's tastebuds as well.
3. Working out is a lot easier when I set the kids up with breakfast and a movie before I work out.  I used to try to wake up early and do it, and rarely got around to it.  It's so much easier to just wake up when they do and then do it.  My breakfast never takes long anyway, but it takes them about 30 minutes to eat every meal (at least) so it's the perfect time to fit in some exercise (that's for you Mary lol).
4. I know why I eat so much: to push aside the things I don't want to think about.  Thoughts about what I don't have, the job I can't seem to get, the chores I can't get done.  These are things I constantly worry about, and I shouldn't. At all. Ever.  The things I don't have, I don't need (or I would already have them). And the way my life has worked out, is a lot better for what I have experienced and lived through.  I have two beautiful children, a home, a job, and I'm about to have my Bachelor's Degree.  I have great friends and family who love and support me.  In a nutshell, I have everything I need. And I'm grateful.
So, from here on out, I am going to remain positive, full force and on the ball.  I am going to have the things I want (not need) and will be grateful even when I don't have them.  I am going to work on the things that I need to do--school, working out, time with the kids.  But I am only one person, and I can't allow those things to worry me if they don't get done--housework will still be there tomorrow, and the laundry will too. 
And the best realization of all: I am one person, working hard, trying to make it by with a prayer and a plan.  It'll all come together.  God always makes sure it does. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment