Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Morning Mayhem

Geez, am I tired! Didn't get home til 2, and then suddenly had a second wind when I got here.  What's that about? When I did finally sleep, it was uninterrupted, so that's a good thing, but I'm still wore out.  On a plus note, the stress seems to be waning at the moment, and school has hit the top of the priority list--it wasn't looking good last week.  So, on that note, Monday has become my goal-setting day for the week.  While I have larger goals that I have already entered in an earlier blog, I want there to be little ones each week as well. That way I have broken it down farther to make it easier on my self.
Goal #1 this week is to put more focus on school and studying.  Instead of putting things off, like usual, I am going to jump in, head first and get everything knocked out early.  And to be more active in my discussions.  Most of what I learn and understand will come from that, making it easier to study and get a grasp on the material.
Goal #2 is to begin to cut out the preservatives and junk food that we eat.  I have realized that while I don't want to completely take everything away from the kids (cookies, candy, etc.--I can keep it to a minimum) they really don't mind eating better stuff.  For example, last night for a bed time snack, I made them peanut butter dip (equal parts peanut butter and vanilla yogurt, with a dash of cinnamon) and cut up apples to put in it.  Not only is it better for them, but they are having fruit and protein, which will keep their bellies full so they can sleep better.  This will also may prove to be difficult since I use creamer in my coffee and drink a lot of diet soda.  But, I am going to get flavored coffee, use skim milk in it, and stevia as a sweetener, and go from there.
Goal #3 is to work out at least 3 times this week.  And not a little bitty work out, either.  Full force, crazy woman, sweaty grossness that makes me wanna die work out. :) It's the plan any way...lol.
So, here it begins, on this crazy Monday morning...off to work and to begin my goals.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some good goals!
    I don't envy you with that "Exercise" stuff, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete