Wednesday, January 12, 2011

5 Minute Soup (The New American Heart Association Cookbook)

Made this for lunch, and could not possibly have loved it anymore--its so simple, so healthy and so freaking tasty!!

5 Minute Soup
Serves 6
4 cups Chicken Broth (I used bouillon cubes in boiling water)
1/2 large zucchini, sliced very thin
4-6 medium mushrooms, sliced (I used about 6 or 7)
2 cups shredded fresh spinach or cabbage
1 medium tomato, cubed
1/2 cup cooked chicken  or lean meat, shredded (I used leftover turkey from Thanksgiving that was still in my freezer)

Put all ingredients in a stockpot or large saucepan, bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.  Serve hot.

53 calories, 1 gram of fat, and low in sodium.

Also, discovered Green Goddess dressing base from Penzeys Spice Shop--AMAZING! Think I'm in love...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment